Mango & Wensleydale Cheese Cake
The secret ingredient here is the cheese which adds an intriguing elment to the cake.
- 25 g salted butter melted, for greasing the tin
- 150 g salted butter 5 oz, softened
- 175 g soft light brown sugar 6 oz
- 2 eggs – beaten
- 2 tbsp mango juice or milk
- 175 g self raising flour – sieved 6 oz
- 1 small apple – peeled, cored & sliced about 100g / 3.5 oz
- 1 large ripe but firm mango, peeled and cut into thin slices about 1" long 250 g sliced weight
- 125 g Wensleydale with mango & ginger – crumbled 4 oz
- 1 tbsp Demerara sugar
Preheat the oven to 170°C / 325°F / gas mark 3.
Grease a 20cm (8”) springform cake tin well with the butter. You may have a bit more than you need but add it all to the pan.
Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, beat in the milk and flour. Fold in all of the apple slices and 3/4 of the mango slices.
Crumble over the mango & ginger Wensleydale cheese. The mixture will be very thick.
Spoon the mixture into the tin.
Arrange the rest of the mango slices on top and sprinkle with demerara sugar.
Bake for 55 minutes until risen and golden brown. Leave to cool in the tin.